Monday, February 1, 2010

Little Reminders

As I entered my room just after the shower this morning, there was a subtle scent of my dad in the room. It took me by surprise at first, but it was definitely him. It wasn't an overwhelming smell as occurs sometimes near or outside places that sell patchouli. For the past two weeks I have ben thinking about my dad; his last week spent with us. I thought about my first trip to visit him in Montana and how he made me breakfast and the work of restoration the Lord did for us both during that time. And in so many quiet moments lately, I have missed my dad and longed just to talk to him. And now...I think the Lord was giving me a piece of my dad. It was subtle. And it slowly faded as I closed my eyes to hold back tears and thanked God for little reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment