Friday, February 19, 2010

Random Revelations...

Today at work I shared something that I saw in a picture hanging in the lobby at work. I originally saw it one day at work when I was having a hard day. I was hating my job and the place that I found myself stuck in. And couldn't seem to get passed the fact that I was passed up on not one, but two new job opportunities. So I was feeling left out, trampled on and dejected. And I happened to look up at a picture on the wall that I had seen a hundred or more times before...and then it was like a face of a man popped out of the picture. It was a picture of the orangish sunset overlooking a rocky lake...and the face of the man reminded me of Jesus. Then I was taken to another place altogether; a place of deeper understanding. And I just felt as though the Lord was revealing to me--with each new day--why it was that I was there. And, as time passed, my contentment developed. Nobody else at work saw the Jesus that I saw in the picture. *smile* I guess God reveals Himself to each of us, in His own time and way.

I long to see those I love, enlightened.

Why is it we are quick to rush off to have fun and escape or party with people who only know a small part of us--or who barely know us--when there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. And He knows us more intimately than anyone.

I pray that those of my loved ones who seek loved will find it in the arms of their savior.And not those of a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment